Friday 4 April 2014

First Impression: Lush American Cream Conditioner

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm back with yet another Lush Conditioner, First Impression! I was out shopping, (again), and went into Lush to have a poke around their products, (again), and ended up talking to one of the girls for a good hour about their hair care. She convinced me to purchase the BIG Solid Conditioner and gave me a pot of American Cream Conditioner to try!

What Does It Do?
"American Cream is our dreamy, medium-strength conditioner for soft, shiny, fragrant locks. Softening honey, scalp clarifying lavender and fresh oranges make a conditioner suitable for all hair types to soften rough ends and keep hair calm. Not to mention the absolutely delectable strawberry vanilla cream scent. Mark was inspired by a vision of 1950s US milk bars, where teenagers would meet and drink frothy, creamy milkshakes. He concocted our best-selling conditioner to soften and control, and evoke memories of poodle skirts and jukeboxes. No wonder it remains such a customer favorite year after year!

Features;
Smells like teen spirit: Suitable for all hair types, just about anyone can enjoy soft hair scented with gorgeous strawberries and vanilla.
Double your pleasure: Our medium-strength conditioner leaves your hair calmed, softer and transformed.
Fresh is best: Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and have cleansing properties.
" (1)
I absolutely love the smell of this conditioner! The vanilla, honey and strawberry combination appeals to me so much, I can't even explain how lovely it smells, and I wish I could send smells over the internet! >< However, if you aren't a fan of super sweet scented products, you may want to stay away from this conditioner.

I found that this conditioner worked well for my hair, it detangled and softened my hair, and made my hair, towel, pillow and clothes smell like the delicious vanilla, honey and strawberry I smelt when I opened the pot!  The main thing I like about this product is definitely the smell, (plus the anti-animal testing bit of course), but in all honesty, I don't think it was a revolutionary product for me.

Would I Purchase This Product?
I really really really want to grab the full size of this conditioner for, uh, "further testing" but it is pretty pricey at $38NZD for 500g. I didn't feel like I used more or less than my ordinary supermarket conditioner, ($10NZD for 500g), so unlike Lush's BIG Shampoo which was better value for money than my usual shampoo because I used less product. I would need to repurchase American Cream every 1.5-2months like my usual conditioner, which would end up being really really pricey. I definitely want to try the full size at least once though!

What products from Lush do you princesses think I should try out next?

2 comments:

  1. Hey I suggest you try the rethread conditioner, I know it is very pricey but the way i use it, it lasts much longer! I found that when I first used it in the shower, it just washes straight out and leaves hair well..... unimpressive. I do have to note it also doesn't smell quite as lovely as American cream lol

    But, if you use it as a leave in conditioner (apply sparingly to bottom/tips of damp hair brush through and let dry) it works like a dream (at least for me).

    Hope this helps you! You have helped me find quite a few Asian products that i love!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a great tip, thank you so much! ^.^ I'll be sure to pick a sample pot next time I'm in Lush!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...