Monday 23 March 2015

Fail Product - LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a fail product for me, but a great product for my younger sister. LUSH's No Drought Dry Shampoo was one of the first LUSH products I ever bought (excluding their bathbombs) and something that has never really worked for me! Of course just like every review I write, this isn't to say that it won't work for you, but is just my personal experience and thoughts.

"Our dry shampoo absorbs excess oils and volumizes locks, making the hair look and smell fresh without having to wash. When you don't have time or want to give you hair a break from too much washing, massage a little into your scalp and through your hair, then shake or brush out. It blends in completely, even on dark hair, to give texture and a soft, matte finish. Lemon, grapefruit and lime oils will give your hair a fruity fragrance, so you'll smell fresh too!

Features


  • Quick fix: A lifesaver on days when you wake up late and don't have time for a shower.
  • Keeps you feeling fresh: The zesty, citrus fragrance makes hair smell fresh and clean.
  • Wash wherever you go: The perfect companion for late nights and early mornings, camping, travel, music festivals and a whirlwind life!" (1)
I shake this product throughout the roots of my hair in three parts, (long thick hair problems) and distribute it evenly with my hands. This is incredibly messy due to the bottle packaging. It's vital to lean over a sink to apply this, and if possible to wear clothes you don't mind dusting with the powder itself because I can almost guarentee that you will get this Dry Shampoo everywhere.  

My hair looks voluminous after I've ruffled it up, but after brushing it through, it flattens right down and looks and feels just as greasy as before (but with added white flakes that look like dandruff). I feel like the after photo looks a little better than the before, because my hair gets a little pale after being dusted with white powder. This Dry Shampoo makes my hair look exactly the same as before, except now my clothes are also covered in in white powder and I have dandruff.

I found this review on the LUSH USA website, and apart from the fact that this product really doesn't work for me, I find it very applicable.
 
"Most Liked Negative Review

The price of environmentalism
Let's face the facts: this product is much less convenient and somewhat less effective than the kinds you can buy at the drugstore in the awful CFC cans full of weird chemicals. That's the tradeoff we have to make, and I'm okay with it, but we should be honest with ourselves.

That said, it works fine to perk up hair that's been one day without a shower and isn't particularly dirty. Putting it on and distributing it through your hair is an annoying process (Lush seriously couldn't think up any better way to get powder out of a bottle??), and the powder will get everywhere, and getting it worked in evenly so it doesn't make you look like you're going grey takes a minute. Basically the whole thing is kind of a pain, but it takes less time than shampoo and conditioner, you're not killing the planet, and one bottle lasts forever and ever. Is the trade-off worth it? That is up to you, my friend."
(1)


What I Love
- Environmentally friendly
- Inexpensive ($16.90NZD)
- Works for my sisters fine, dark blonde hair
- One bottle will last you years


What I Don't Love
- Messy
- Strong Smelling (potentially good for smelly hair though)
- Doesn't do anything for my hair other than make it look like I have dandruff and a messy cocaine addiction


Final Thoughts
I much prefer to use the Bastite Dry Shampoo for my hair, but I really wish that this Dry Shampoo worked for me so I can feel eco-friendly and look after animals. I just didn't think this product made my hair look or feel less greasy, which is of course the main reason you would use a Dry Shampoo! 

However, it works wonderfully on my younger sisters fine, dark blonde hair, so I would still suggest trying it out if you can since it's not too expensive (and lasts forever and a half!), so I will be giving my bottle to her!

Have you tried LUSH's No Drought Dry Shampoo? Did it work for your hair, or leave it as greasy as before like mine?

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a little off topic, but don't feel too bad about liking the Batiste more than the Lush. Batiste is cruelty free and vegan, and from what I found online, the propellant is a petroleum not a carbon (and ozone harming CFCs were banned in the '70s worldwide); so its not bad for the environment. I've also found No Drought really difficult to work with and I have medium length Blonde hair. I'm a lover of Lush but this product just really hasn't worked for me and time and time again I'm reaching for the Batiste and not the Lush. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, just choose the one you like, and don't feel like a monster. xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...