Wednesday 20 May 2015

Review: Benefit Gimme Brow

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Benefit's Gimme Brow! I purchased this product because sometimes I'm very very lazy and don't feel like doing my makeup thoroughly, but also don't feel like looking homeless. Quick fix products like this brow fiber gel help me pop on a little bit of makeup while sitting at the red light on my way to work, without sacrificing my beloved sleep.
This brow gel is housed in a small tube that looks like a miniature mascara, and comes with a cute polka dotted box that is twice as big as the brow gel itself. Since I bought this teeny weeny product in an actual store during the Christmas season, it also came packaged in this ultra cute box closed off with a bow! I'm such a sucker for cute packaging!
"Bring on the brows! This innovative brush-on fiber gel adheres to skin & hair…creating brows where before there were none. It builds easily for thick, lush arches, thanks to a tapered brush for blending & precision tip for shaping. Available in two shades.

INNOVATIVE BRUSH-ON FIBER GEL:
• Water resistant 
• Long-wearing
• Natural-looking
• Buildable

97% said brows looked fuller
100% said it was smudge proof
100% said it looked natural
94% said results were long-wearing" (1)

I find the packaging pretty cute and very practical, although it does seem quite expensive for the size. This is the perfect size to slip into my handbag for touch ups or as part of my makeup emergency kit (which is a legit thing). The applicator for this brow gel is ultra small, smaller than my brows are! I thought I would be able to see little fibers on the brush in the close up photos, but this just looks like a plain brow gel.
Before I got my grabby hands on this product, I used to use a brown mascara to quickly tame my brows in the morning. If you have dark hair like me, a brown mascara isn't a bad option, and if you've accidentally purchased a brown mascara instead of a black one this is a great way to use it up!
Gimme Brow is really easy to use, a quick comb through the brows is enough to put a little colour in them and smooth any unruly hairs down. A second comb through builds up the volume and colour of the brows, but a third coating results in stiff, chunky looking brows. 
This product is great for natural, full looking brows, and also works quite well for brows with scars. I have a scar from Chicken Pox in the middle of this brow, which results in a quite different looking brow than the other! This product helps thicken up my brows and makes the scar a lot less noticeable.
What I Love
- Easy to use
- Buildable
- Portable travel size
- Great for thin eyebrows, or brows with scars


What I Don't Love
- Moderately expensive ($45NZD)
- Too small and too expensive to be used everyday


Final Thoughts
I quite like Benefit's Gimme Brow! I find it easy to use, buildable, and it's a nice travel size. I love that it helps cover up the scar in my eyebrow (gels and powders won't stick to the scar tissue), but it is so expensive for such a small size! Truthfully, in a pinch, a brown mascara works almost as well as this fiber gel (albeit a little stiffer feeling than the gel), and for a much gentler price for my poor wallet, but the Benefit Gimme Brow is a lovely product nevertheless!  ^.^


Have you used a brow fiber gel before? What was your experience like?

3 comments:

  1. Etude House's Browcara is great for the price as well :D they do make the brows look fuller, have amazing colors and they're only about 6US$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gimme Brow! I am worried about running out soon though and am looking for a replacement. I find not a lot of 'eyebrow mascaras' actually have eyebrow shaped wands though, they have full sized mascara wands which are so unwieldy to do brows with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about more budget friendly replacements and then absolutely forgetting about them. I know Etude House has some, but they're so lightly coloured (purposely!) that they wouldn't be good for me -.- I use a regular mascara, but I have to wipe it thoroughly before applying otherwise it's super clumpy.

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...