Monday 22 June 2015

Fail Product: Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliant

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a product that I was sure that I would love, but totally don't, which is Trilogy's Gentle Facial Exfoliant! I absolutely adore all of Trilogy's other skincare products that I've used so far, but this one just fell so short of the mark in comparison to some of the holy grail products I've discovered within the Trilogy range!
"Benefits
Remove surface debris and improve skin clarity with our gentle and effective exfoliating treatment. Regular exfoliating is an essential part of any skincare regime as it helps to smooth for that all important radiant glow.
 

How to apply
Gently massage into damp skin using circular motions. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Use 1-2 times weekly or as required.

Ingredients
Aqua (water), Kaolin, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Glyceryl stearate, Hydrogenated Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin (vegetable), Cetearyl alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Rosa Canina (rosehip) seed oil, Oenothera biennis seed oil, Camellia oleifera seed oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Calendula officinalis flower extract (and) glycine soja (soybean) oil, Honey (mel), Citric acid, Dehydroacetic acid (and) benzyl alcohol, Parfum, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool"(1)  
 This Gentle Facial Exfoliant is a thick cream and what seems to be very, very small beads. The cream component of this Exfoliant is gorgeous for dry skin, and the small exfoliating beads are fantastic for sensitive skin. However, I have oily, non-sensitive skin.  I can't see the scrubby beads with the naked eye or with a camera, and can barely feel them. It doesn't help me scrub off any dead/loose skin, remove surface debris, or make my skin glow. It's just like using a cream cleanser, not an exfoliator.

This exfoliant does almost nothing for my skin, but this of course does not mean that it's a terrible product for everyone! It is a fail product for me because it cost $40 and doesn't do anything more than what the regular cream cleanser I already own does.



What I Love
- Fantastic for sensitive skin


What I Don't Love
- Relatively expensive at $41.90NZD
- Too gentle for my skin, does nothing more than a cream cleanser


Final Thoughts
I really don't like using this product as I feel like it does nothing at all for my skin. It's also quite expensive to be doing nothing to my skin! I did try it over the course of a couple of month, but there are just so many other, better, cheaper exfoliants on the market! I think this would be a fantastic product if you have dry, sensitive skin since it is a very gentle exfoliant, but if you're after a better scrub then there are much better options out there.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of exfoliants have beads in them that are very bad for the environment! Sorbet Cosmetics (a NZ brand) has an exfoliant called Gingersnap that is natural, has no polluting beads, and is very scrubby! I really reckon you would love it, with your oily and acne-prone skin. I use it every 3rd day and very rarely get pimples anymore (I used to have constant breakouts around my mouth). When I do break out, I use the scrub on the area, and it goes within three days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the little photo montage of "now with micro beads" which freaks me out a lot, though I don't know if this exfoliant has micro beads or another ingredient that does the scrubbing, or lack thereof. I'll definitely have a look at the Sorbet Cosmetics exfoliant though, thank you so much for the suggestion! (:

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...