Wednesday 24 June 2015

Review: Etude House Sweet Recipe Candy Stick

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about Etude House's Sweet Recipe Candy Sticks! ^.^ These super cute candy cane shaped lip tints are still being sold everywhere (yay!) for a very decent price, and are almost the perfect handbag companion if you frequently don't have time to do your makeup. 

I have all three colours/flavours of these cute lip tints, Lemon, Orange and Strawberry. Each colour tastes different, the Strawberry like Strawberry, Orange like Orange, and Lemon (unfortunately) like Lemon. The tints wind up and down easily, but the Orange flavour tends not to wind down without help since it's the eldest of the three
Each shade can be worn with one coat of product, or many. The colour is easy to build and doesn't look or feel thick! The tints moisturize my lips and stop them getting dry or chapped which is lovely. The glossiness of the tint wears off after about an hour or after eating, but they leave behind a gorgeous stain on the lips. I find that if I apply too much the colour can migrate towards the outside of my lips after a while.
Lemon
The lemon colour appears yellow in the tube, but swatches a very light pinky peach. I really hate that this tint smells and tastes like Lemon, but the scent and taste wears off quickly enough that it's not problematic!
This is such a natural colour on my lips, and one of those products that you don't need a mirror to apply since the formula is very forgiving.
Orange
The orange tint is much more vibrant in colour than both the Lemon or the Strawberry, and still remains my favourite of the three! 
Luckily I enjoy the taste and scent of the Orange tint (some artificial Orange scents are absolutely awful) and this tint is really enjoyable for me to wear.

Strawberry
The strawberry tint is absolutely gorgeous, it's the perfect candy pink! It is much sheerer than the other two tints on my lips unless I really pile it on.
It looks great with one coat or two, but I prefer to layer it on to get a brighter pink colour! I don't find wearing many layers uncomfortable as the tints aren't sticky, but more waxy in texture.
What I Love
- Easy to use 
- Moisturising formula
- Super cute packaging
- Great colours for all skin types


What I Don't Love
- Lemon scent and taste isn't my favourite
- 3 or more coats can make the colour slide off a little
- Packaging isn't ideal for travel or handbag storage since the caps pop off


Final Thoughts
I love these sweet lip tints! There is a reason that I purchased the whole colour set, of course because the packaging is extremely adorable, but also because I love the texture and colour payoff of these tints. They sooth my chapped lips while not exaggerating the flakiness, and they're easy to apply in a hurry because you don't really need a mirror for precise application. They're not too handbag friendly because of the protruding cap (Tonymoly Bunny Tint Gloss are a great alternative) but if you're careful with your bag contents you won't run into any trouble. ^.^

9 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I hadn't heard of these prior to reading your review :) Thanks for sharing.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ^.^ They're amazingly adorable huh!

      Delete
  2. These look adorable! Thanks for the review! I might pass on these because of the annoying cap.

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like the cap then definitely give the Tony Moly version a go! ^.^

      Delete
  3. I always wanted to try this, they look so cute :D Thanks for the review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ^.^ They're so super cute huh!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...