Friday 24 July 2015

First Impression: Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB Cream; #01

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Skinfood's Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB Cream! I purchased these little sample sachets from Roseroseshop ages ago and totally forgot about them until now! ><

What Does It Do?
"Skin Food Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB Cream : This triple functional BB cream not only protects your skin from UV rays but also contains adenosine and arbutin which firms and brightens skin, and has platinum with grape cell extract providing skin elasticity. This BB cream creates a vivid and attractive skin and keeps your skin moisturized and shined all day long such as you apply the essence."(1)
This BB Cream is much darker than I originally thought it would be, it's actually quite peachy in tone so it looks quite orange on the arm swatches as well as my face. I gives quite good coverage for a BB Cream, but does oxidise after a couple of minutes on the skin. The formula is initially quite thin, but does spread out easily and look quite matte on the skin.
I don't usually show the other side of my face for colour comparison because obviously my birthmark interrupts the comparison of colours! I don't use foundation/BB Cream on it anyway because there is nothing that covers it properly, and I'm OK with that! ^.^ But the other side of my neck has a gross patchy tan from driving (seatbelt tan) so it's weird on both sides. I'm sorry! But I can definitely see that the BB Cream looks dark and dull in comparison to my neck and chest.
Would I Purchase This Product?
No. It's really orange and dull looking on my skin, I actually thought I'd accidentally bought the second shade rather than the first, but nope it's just quite dark. I did like that it gave quite a bit of coverage for a BB Cream, and had a more matte finish rather than a dewy finish which is much more common in Korean BB Creams. It did last averagely on my skin, being a little shiny after 6 hours, but the shade just doesn't work for me at all unfortunately.

I would recommend trying this BB Cream if you're looking for a matter looking BB Cream, with average oil control, and is a little darker than your average Korean BB Cream! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, this one seems to have a very orange-y base - most of the Korean BB creams seem to have a greyish undertone to it! :o Thank you for the honest review!~
    Junniku blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine looks so much more orange than most of the swatches online, so disappointing! ><

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...