Monday 4 April 2016

Store Review: Cutie and Beautie

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with Cutie and Beautie which is a New Zealand based KBeauty store! I have been wanting to shop with them forever and sort of just procrastinated buying from them because they don't have the most exciting and up to date collections. Now, they are closing down so I thought I should shop with them just for my own peace of mind! ^ ^


Website Practicality
The website is very aesthetically pleasing, but it has an awful pop up for a 5% discount that pops up on every single page you open which is incredibly annoying. The side bar is also pretty annoying because there is just so much going on there, ads, extra discounts and arrows, ugh! It was easy to create a log in, find items and check out.
Price Comparison
The biggest reason for my purchase with Cutie and Beautie was that the prices are super low since they are closing. I have exchanged all of the USD to NZD for this comparison, but you can see that even on SUPER DUPER SPECIAL the price isn't that much lower than Cosmetic Love's usual price.

Cutie and Beautie
Etude House CC Cream $15.60 + Shipping $4.50 = $20.10

Etude House 
Etude House CC Cream $23.80 + Shipping $13.00 = $36.80

Cosmetic Love
 Etude House CC Cream $23.50 + Shipping $0.00 = $23.50


Shipping and Packaging
I made my order on the 2nd of March and it was shipped on the 8th of March. This is frustrating because their shipping page states that orders are sent out Monday to Friday before 11am, so why did it take them so long to ship my package? My shipping cost $4.50 which I consider quite high for the base shipping rate, and arrived at my house on the 9th, literally next day delivery. Everything was wrapped well, the only casualty was the Skin79 cream as you will see later on! 
Products
This was such a cheap product that I couldn't help but grab it, but when it arrived more than half of the product was missing, or smooshed around the jar. Not cool! I sent an email to Cutie and Beautie about the issue, and instead of replying they just sent me a refund. I mean that's fine for me!
Final Thoughts
Though I was OK with how this shopping experience ended up, I'm not sure if the poor "awaiting shipment" time was due to the store actually closing or if that was a regular thing. The shipping charge was pretty high, the product pricing is usually very high and it just took almost as long to get to me in NZ than it would if it was coming straight from Korea. Cutie and Beautie is closing anyway, but I wouldn't shop there again unless they had something that I seriously needed!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when websites have pop up ads on each tab! It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh same! Even if it's a pop up help bar I hate having to close it ><

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...