Wednesday 13 July 2016

Review: Mizon Special Solution Good Night White Sleeping Mask

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Mizon Special Solution Good Night White Sleeping Mask! This was my first ever sleeping mask, and one of the few Mizon products that I really like.
"A moisturizing sleeping mask that works overnight to brighten the look of skin, leaving it looking more radiant, translucent and hydrated. Contains niacinamide for glowing skin, hyaluronic acid and glycerin for deep moisture, and botanical extracts to protect the skin from environmental stressors and irritation. Great for those with hyperpigmentation concerns

How to Use
Use as the last step of your skincare regimen in the evening in place of a moisturizer. For very dry skin types, apply before a thick (nighttime) moisturizer. Pat on a generous amount to the face and neck and leave on while sleeping. Wash off in the morning.


Ingredients
Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Glycerin, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Triethanolmaine, Carbomer, Sclerotium Gum, Broussonetia Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Pantethine, Placental Protein, Natto Gum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Disodium Edta, Methyl Parabven, Propyl Paraben, Ci17200, Ci42090, Fragrance"(1)
This sleeping mask comes in a bright blue box, I have the squeeze tube packaging but this also comes in jar form too. I find the squeeze tube better for my personal needs because it is easier to travel with.
This sleeping mask is clear in colour and a thin gel like texture. It is mildly scented like Lavender, though some people cannot smell this. I really like the Lavender scent, it definitely reminds me of a soothing night scent. This mask is easy to spread on my skin and absorbs really quickly, leaving a soft finish.
I really like that while this does have occlusive agents in the ingredients in the form of Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone, it doesn't feel like it leaves a thick layer on my face. In fact, I can only see a slight sheen of moisture on my skin immediately after application. I like this for multiple reasons, it means that I don't feel like my skincare is rubbing off onto my pillow, my hair doesn't stick to my face while sleeping, and if I use it while travelling or with other people, I don't look crazy, which is a nice feeling.

In the morning my skin always appears a little brighter and smoother! Please excuse the colour difference, the low light in the morning during winter makes it hard to match the colour during the low light at night.

What I Love
- Perfect for layering as it is very lightweight
- Ideal for summer
- Leaves a non sticky finish
- Fantastic for travel as it provides an extra boost of hydration
- Brightens skin subtly


What I Don't Love
- Not moisturising enough on it's own for Winter


Final Thoughts
I'm not sure if it's the soothing Lavender scent, or the non sticky finish of this sleeping mask that just keeps bringing me back to it, but I am really liking this mask! This is one of my travel staples as I know using just a little layer of this sleeping mask will help my skin stay moisturised if the climate is unexpectedly cold or drying for my skin, but it doesn't make me look like a slimy serial killer. The subtle brightening effect is also quite welcome in the morning, who doesn't like having bright skin!

I would recommend the Mizon Special Solution Good Night White Sleeping Mask to any Princesses looking for a non-sticky, subtly brigtening sleeping mask!

You can purchase this mask from Roseroseshop for $4!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This seems great! I like how it doesn't leave your skin really slimy. I have the Laneige water sleeping pack which I love but I do find it quite thick. Maybe I'll give this one a try!

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...