Wednesday 30 November 2016

Review: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Lavender

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer! I picked this shade adjusting or colour correcting concealer so I could lighten up some of my concealers rather than purchasing a second lighter shade for highlighting under my eyes when I'm doing a full face of make up.
"Now available in 12 more shades to accommodate an even wider range of skin tones, our best-selling HD Studio Photogenic Concealer effectively covers imperfections, discoloration and under-eye circles without ever looking cakey or obvious. The result is beautiful, natural-looking coverage you can count on."(1)
This concealer has the good old regular concealer packaging and doe foot applicator. The concealer is of course a pale lavender colour, and it's very pigmented!
For spot concealing on my face I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. This shade matches my skin perfectly, so it's great for spot concealing, but not for highlighting my skin. I've applied this concealer to the photo left side of my face.
This is what these two concealers look like when they're mixed together. The Lavender lightens and brightens the Collection Concealer!

I use this mix of concealers to brighten up my under eye area. It works really well for as brightening colour, and it obviously also conceals really nicely! I haven't used this concealer on it's own before since it is such a pigmented lavender shade, so I can't speak very much for it's claims which is a little annoying, but it doesn't get cakey under my eyes which is great! 
This concealer definitely helps brighten up my eyes without me having to purchase a separate concealer which was the whole point of trying out a Lavender colour correcting concealer!

What I Love
- Fantastic for mixing with darker concealer
- Very pigmented colour
- Not cakey and dry under eyes
- Doesn't make my skin look grey


What I Don't Love
- Mixing concealers is quite messy


Final Thoughts
I wish I didn't have to mix my concealers, but this is a great product to do it with! There are some new white concealer mixers (like the Kat Von D Concealer in White) that have come out since I purchased this concealer, so I think if you're just looking to lighten your concealer without the lavender tones that would probably be a better choice, but I still really like using this concealer to brighten up under my eyes when I'm doing a full face of make up.

I would recommend the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Lavender to any Princesses looking to brighten and lighten concealers that are too dark for them!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What lenses are you wearing? Your eyes look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the Vassen Sweet Eye Brown Lens, they're sooo pretty! Review here :http://littleporcelainprincess.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/provided-for-review-vassen-sweet-eye.html

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...