Tuesday 3 January 2017

Store Review: Sephora NZ

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with Sephora NZ. I have never shopped with Sephora before because they don't stock very much in the way of K-Beauty, and the prices for the K-Beauty they have is quite expensive. Recently the NZ store has been in the media due to many lost orders and almost non existent customer services, you can read about it here if you are not based in New Zealand. I placed my order shortly after Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
 

Website Practicality
I find the website easy to shop with, it's quite easy to navigate and is aesthetically pleasing. It was easy to set up an account, find my items, add them to my cart and check out.
Price Comparison
Sephora has been open online in New Zealand for a little while now, but I haven't really shopped there before because they don't carry many Korean brands. They do however carry 3CE, but it's pretty expensive. All prices are in NZD.

Sephora
 3CE Glossing Waterful Foundation = $56

Style Korean
 3CE Glossing Waterful Foundation - $21.77 + Shipping -$4.65 = $26.42

KoreanDepart
 3CE Glossing Waterful Foundation - $33.26 + Shipping - $5.74 = $39.00


Shipping and Packaging
I purchased my product on the 29th of November, it was shipped on the 4th of December (with no email notification or tracking number) and arrived at my house one the 14th, well past its 7-10 day estimation. I contacted Sephora on the 10th for an update on the tracking number since I never received one and never had an answer.

All I wanted was my brush cleanser. It did turn up, and it's lovely too!
Final Thoughts
Although I ended up with my product, my order could have been one of the many that ended up being cancelled because of "warehouse issues". Sephora's customer service to me was non existent since they didn't bother to reply to me, and their prices much higher than other stores that sell K-Beauty. This is important to me as I mostly use Korean and Japanese cosmetics and skincare, though the prices for western beauty are decent. I'm not sure if I would shop with Sephora NZ again, I certainly wouldn't shop with them during Black Friday.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...