Thursday 2 February 2017

Review: Etude House My Little Nut Any Cushion Cream Filter

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House My Little Nut Any Cushion Cream Filter in the shade Vanilla! This product is from the 2016 Holiday collection and is based on nutcrackers, but I'm not sure if Etude House really thought through the name on this product because My Little Nut isn't a great name in English.

"Morning radiance cushion makes your skin look clear and bright anytime. Expresses delicate cream radiance with its triple filtering effect. 

Ingredients:
Sea Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Niacinamide, Dextrin Palmitate, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phytosteryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta, Adenosine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mica (Ci 77019), Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance"(1)
This cushion has super cute packaging, everything is pink and gold and of course there is a little nutcracker on the front.
It is also a little smaller than regular cushion compacts, it's thinner which means it's a lot easier to carry and store.
There is a plain cushion puff inside the case, but it also comes with a spare puff with a nutcracker on it which is super cute!
The cushion has the usual hygiene sticker, and underneath is the actual product. Rather than being a soaked cushion, this has a cream filter. It makes it so much easier to get the product on your puff!
I have the shade Vanilla which is supposed to have a pink base according to the official description and is the lightest shade. It's not a terrible shade for me, but it's more neutral rather than pink.
In comparison to my perfect shade which is NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia the shade Vanilla is a little darker and not quite as yellow. This is a good shade for me during summer when I'm a little more tan, but I can't use bronzer with this shade of cushion because I'll look much darker than the rest of my body.
I find this cushion really easy to apply, and it applies beautifully with the provided puff as well as brushes. Since this is in cushion form it makes it really easy to take it with me for touch ups too.
This cushion provides very light, natural coverage. I can see all of my freckles, scars and pores.
I had a little breakout, and this cushion really didn't cover anything at all. This should be buildable, but I didn't find that it looked nice or built up coverage nicely.
After 6 hours, my face is a little oily.
My nose looks the worst, but there is quite a bit of oil through my T-Zone. It is the middle of summer here in New Zealand, so this formula would probably work much better for me during winter, however the colour is better for me in the summer. The longevity isn't terrible at all either, it still looks even a nice despite the excess oil.
What I Love
- Super cute packaging
- Colour fits well during summer
- Easy to apply
- Beautiful light coverage


What I Don't Love
- Not a well thought out name
- Coverage is not buildable
- Doesn't have great oil control throughout summer 


Final Thoughts
The packaging is super cute, but they really could've thought of a better name. The colour is great during summer but the oil control would be better during winter. It has beautiful light coverage, but you can't build it up over any spots. I feel like there are as many good points as there are bad points which makes for a really well rounded review. I quite enjoy using this cushion because it looks really nice when my skin is already flawless, however it isn't a product that I reach for when my skin has a couple of spots because it doesn't cover anything at all. It is a convenient product too, because the compact is a lot smaller than other cushion foundations it fits in my handbag perfectly, and hopefully since it has a filter rather than a cushion it'll last a little longer!

I would recommend the Etude House My Little Nut Any Cushion Cream Filter for any Princesses who are looking for a portable, light coverage cream cushion foundation! 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this review! EH currently has it on sale for 50% off and I was wondering if that shade will match me but it looks it will be perfect (I'm N10-15). I'm looking for light coverage and my skin never gets oily so it sounds like my cushion. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...