Thursday 16 March 2017

Review: Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer! I picked up this primer because I've seen a lot of positive reviews on it and it seemed like a fun product to try out!
"Smooth skin texture with concealed pores
This both cleanses and smooths out uneven pores and bumps, creating a clear skin texture prior to makeup application.

Long-lasting softness
Natural mint and minerals manage the oil and moisture balance of the skin, allowing skin to remain soft and smooth for long periods.

-Clean and comfortable skin using ingredients from Jeju This product allows skin to remain supple and clear by tightening wide pores with Jeju green persimmon extracts, while the Jeju green complex creates healthier skin.

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SILICA, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, MICA (CI 77019), DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), MINERAL SALTS, MENTHA ARVENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), WATER, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPANEDIOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE, Phenoxyethanol  "(1)
I love that innisfree has great recyclable packaging, it does make me feel a little bit better for my rampant consumerism.
This product has simple, cute packaging that is very functional. It's nothing miraculous, but it works.
This primer has a light yellowish colour that blends out to be translucent on my skin. This is a silicone based primer, so it does have that slippery feeling when it's being blended out.
This primer definitely smooths out the skin on my hands nicely!
On my face I do have some large pores around my nose. I found that this primer blurred them beautifully by itself, but in combination with a foundation it almost negates the primer.
In comparison to the side that I haven't primed, I can only see a minute difference. My skin actually looked better without the foundation!
This does mattify my skin really nicely, so I've been using it with some of my shinier sunscreens to dull down the shine when I don't want to wear a foundation.
I tried it out with a dewy foundation too and saw very little difference.
In terms of longevity for make up, I didn't find that this primer helped my make up last any longer, or helped control sebum.
What I Love
- Cute, functional packaging
- Smooths out pores and mattifies skin
- Inexpensive at $9USD


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't blur pores when used with a foundation
- Doesn't help foundation last longer, or stay oil free longer


Final Thoughts
I prefer to use this primer on days that I don't wear foundation, which is slightly strange, but it is a legitimate use of the product. It definitely does help blur my pores and mattify my skin on its own and since it does contain Dimethicone it should help skin retain moisture throughout the day which makes it quite a nice skincare product. I don't think this works well in conjunction with any type of foundation, BB Cream or CC Cream that I own, and since it is a silicone based primer it should work best with Silicone based foundations, of which I own none of. I like this product as a stand alone skincare product, but not so much as a foundation primer.

I would recommend the Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer to any Princesses who are looking for a pore smoothing and mattifying primer to be used a skincare product rather than a make up product.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...