Thursday 3 August 2017

Review: Laneige BB Cushion Whitening

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Laneige BB Cushion Whitening in the shade 11! I picked up this cushion because I heard that the shade 11 was great for pale skin, and for once I am not disappointed!
Brightens inside and outside skin! “Whitening BB Cushion” makes skin look clear and bright with dual whitening care

1. Expresses ultimate bright skin without darkening!
Technology applied to cushion for the first time! Sparkling Coat™ Pigment Technology coated with pearl and water provides ultimate brightness and moisture to skin.

2. Makes skin look bright and clear!
Whitening ingredient such as melacrusher of Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence brightens inside skin once more.

3. Close adherence to skin! Long-lasting brightness!
Super Flex Lasting™ technology keeps skin looking bright all day long by increasing the adherence and lasting power of makeup. 

**NOTE**
In Korea, whitening does NOT mean skin bleaching. It refers to glowy skin and lightening of scarring with ingredients like Niacinamide.
This cushion comes in standard cushion packaging. The outer packaging is really elegant and pretty which I like, and it contains a mirror and a standard though slightly smaller than usual cushion puff. The cushion itself has a quilted pattern which looks nice but doesn't add value to the product.
I chose the shade 11 which is the lightest. Laneige offers a warm toned range which is indicated by just using numbers, and also cool tones of the same shades which include a C to indicate cool toned. Laneige also offers a wider range of shades than most companies, though as usual they have more shades on the lighter side than they do on the darker side. (Small side info for those that have wondered how I got into K Beauty, the foundations generally run pale enough for me in the KBeauty world and also are generally warm toned, whereas in the western world the lightest shade is almost always cool toned which initially interested me).
Shade 11 actually starts out being quite comparable to my perfect shade match of NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia. However, it does oxidise a touch. It still works very well with my skin tone and colour, however if I wanted to contour or bronze my face I would look off balance to the rest of my body. But for everyday use this is a great colour.
I find this cushion fairly easy to apply, but found that I really needed to squish the cushion puff into the cushion to pick up an adequate amount of product.
It also gives me light to medium coverage. It struggles to conceal red acne scarring and acne itself, but does a great job on the lighter scars. My skin still looks realistic, which I like. This cushion also leaves my skin looking quite dewy and moisturised which is great for winter, but not a product I would use myself in summer.
 After 8 hours this cushion holds up pretty well, though there is a little oil through my T-Zone.
It doesn't look overwhelmingly oily, but it is a little more oily looking than dewy looking.
I also found that this cushion clung to dry areas on my face, especially around my eyes and mouth which get very dry during winter. It's not a deal breaker, but it is a little annoying.
What I Love
- Elegant, functional packaging
- Lovely Pale Shade
- Comes in Cool or Warm tones (YAS)
- Light to medium coverage
- Dewy, moisturised finish


What I Don't Love
- Oxidises just a little
- Puff doesn't pick up that much product
- Average oil control
- Clings to some dry areas


Final Thoughts
I absolutely love the colour of this cushion, it's not often that products come in shades quite this pale (though there are a ton that are one shade darker!) so I am really pleased that the colour looks good on me! However, the formula isn't perfect, though I have pretty high standards. I found that the formula doesn't really control oil, but it also clings to dry patches on my skin so although it looks beautiful for the first 5-6 hours, it does start to look a little tired at the end of the day. I do wish that it wouldn't oxidise, and that the puff would pick up a little more product, but I can work through that. I'll still finish up this cushion as well as the refill that came with mine and try to make it work a little better, but I am interested in trying out the pore controlling cushion that Laneige makes too! This cushion isn't completely perfect for me, but it's still a product I would use again and one that I would recommend to Princesses who are struggling to find a cushion that it pale enough on either the warm or cool toned side since they make the shade 11 in both tones.

I would recommend the Laneige BB Cushion Whitening to any Princesses looking for a super pale BB Cushion that comes in equally pale warm and cool tones!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Love your review on this Laneige BB Cushion whitening.
    xoxo
    Liza
    Liza Corner | Instagram | Facebook

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...